Podcast EP 207 – Franny and Danny Discuss Sexism, Harassment and Assault in Beer
We break from our normal format and sit down with our very own Franny Fullpint aka Frances Cannon of The Los Angeles County Brewers Guild to dicuss “the reckoning” in which hundreds of reports surfaced of sexual harassment, sexism and sexual assault came to light. Items of dicussion include:
– Reintroduction to Franny Fullpint
– Why are we gathered here today?
– Explaination of “The Reckoning” presented by Brienne Allan / @ratmagenet on instagram
– Why we’ve enlisted the help of Franny.
– Framing up the romantic notion of the craft beer community.
– The legal aspect of the workplace.
– Reasons why craft breweries and their employees are in a bad position.
– Things needed to be done to mitigate and eliminate these issues in the workplace.
– The question of why someone would not want to report being a victim of sexual harassment, assault, and all forms of discrimination.
– What can we do immediately?
– What’s needed for the long term?
– Why does The Full Pint care about this now and why don’t they cover all important issues like this?
– A message to the brewing industry from Danny.
And much more!
We have forgone our advertisements this week and would like to share with you some important links to organizations we’ve mentioned on the show.
National Women’s Law Center – https://nwlc.org/
Department of Fair Employment and Housing – https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/