Podcast EP 150 – Small Batch Scaled Up – Ben Knutson
We are joined by head brewer for Untitled Art at Octopi Brewing, Ben Knutson. We talk about Ben’s transition from brewing for Blue Moon to Octopi Brewing in Waunakee, WI including:
– Ben’s journey brewing for AC Golden/Tenth and Blake/Blue Moon.
– Deciding to move back home to Wisconsin.
– Helping Octopi and Untitled Art launch.
– Constantly experimenting.
– Collaborating with the trendiest brewers.
– Changing of the guard in Wisconsin beer.
– Being snubbed at Great Taste of the Midwest.
– Stigma of contract brewers.
– Being able to scale up hazies, milkshakes and pastry stouts.
– Packaging trends.
– Demand for non-adjunct barrel aged beers.
– Cannabis drinks and seltzer.
– What’s on the horizon for Untitled Art.
And much much more!
Get your tickets to The Full Pint 12th Anniversary Kegger on 9/7 at Naja’s Place in Redondo Beach. Click HERE for more info!
We’d like to thank the sponsors of this show, if you are interested in sponsoring this podcast, please drop us a note at [email protected].
• California Craft Beer Summit 2019 – Whether you are in the beer industry or just love drinking the good stuff, mark your calendar and secure your tickets for the biggest beer event on the west coast.
• Firestone Walker Brewing – Check out the new hazy IPA, Mind Haze – Let your mind wander.
• El Segundo Brewing – Makers of some very fine hoppy ales near LAX, also check out their new digs, The Slice and Pint.