Podcast EP 149 – Lager is Love – Chris Enegren
We are joined today by co-founder and brewer of Enegren Brewing out of Moorpark, CA, Chris Enegren. We talk all things bottom fermenting including:
– Danny snubbing Enegren, then being impressed.
– Chris transitioning from home brewing to programming at Premier Stainless.
– The guts to start up a German focused brewery in IPA land.
– Opportunities to educate locals on German styles.
– What the hell is decoction.
– Where did Enegren get these recipes and how did they nail them.
– Why some breweries fail at lagers
– European big pour culture.
– Debunking or verifying Lager myths.
– Feelings about the delicious but suspicious Dry Hopped Pilsner fad.
– Sam Adams and Stone proclaiming they have made lager flavorful.
– Story of getting into Trader Joes.
And much much more!
We’d like to thank the sponsors of this show, if you are interested in sponsoring this podcast, please drop us a note at [email protected].
• California Craft Beer Summit 2019 – Whether you are in the beer industry or just love drinking the good stuff, mark your calendar and secure your tickets for the biggest beer event on the west coast.
• Firestone Walker Brewing – Check out the new hazy IPA, Mind Haze – Let your mind wander.
• El Segundo Brewing – Makers of some very fine hoppy ales near LAX, also check out their new digs, The Slice and Pint.
Music for The Full Pint Podcast is provided by our pal Ben Tuttle, check him out at tenderbubbles.com