GABF 2010 – Sneak Peek Part 1
We caught up with many brewers this week, and wanted to find out their involvement in The Great American Beer Festival (GABF). Here are there responses to these questions:
1. What kind of presence will you have at GABF?
2. What beers will you be sending for the festival?
3. What beers will you be entering for judging and in what category?
Wachusett Brewing – Westminster, MA
Unfortunately, we will not be there this year. Check with us next year!
Tyranena Brewing – Lake Mills, WI
We are not attending or participating in the GABF this year.
Orlando Brewing – Orlando, FL
Orlando Brewing will not be participating in the GABF event this year. However, we do look for to participating in next year’s festivities.
Saint Arnold – Houston, TX
We will have 8 employees going this year so we will have more representation than we ever have before.
I know we are sending Lawnmower, Elissa IPA, Brown Ale, Amber Ale, Oktoberfest and Texas Wheat. We also sent the Divine Reserve 9 (Pumpkin Imperial Stout) for judging.
Yards Brewing – Philadelphia, PA
1. Tom Kehoe will be there along with a few other Yards employees. Nothing major since we don’t distribute outside of PA, NJ and VA.
2. IPA, Brawler, ESA, General Washington’s Tavern Porter.
3. All of the above and Thomas Jefferson Tavern Ale and Olde Bartholomew Barleywine.
Hangar 24 Brewery – Redlands, CA
1) We will be having a booth at the festival serving Hangar 24 beers. This is our first time pouring at the fest, so we are very excited. As of right now, we are not sure who will be up there representing us.
2) We have sent the following beers: Orange Wheat, Chocolate Porter and our 2010 Pro-Am IPA which was a collaboration brew with the winner of our homebrew contest Dwight Mulcahy. It is a very hoppy West Coast style IPA brewed with 6 different types of hops.
3) We sent in the following beers for judging: Orange Wheat, Pale Ale, Alt-Bier, Helles Lager, IPA and Chocolate Porter. The Pro-Am IPA was entered into this years Pro-Am competition.
Saint Somewhere Brewing – Tarpon Springs, FL
Well… we don’t enter competitions, but did send beer for the Florida Brewers guild table. Saison Athene and Lectio Divina.
More responses to come…stay tuned to the GABF News and Opinion Head Quarters…TheFullPint.com