Craft Beer Power Rankings 12-7-13
It’s time for this weeks Craft Beer Power Rankings. We attempt to rank the five most buzz worthy beers of the week, based on influences including but not limited to social media as well as RB and BA. Cheers!
5. The Alchemist Heady Topper – Every time I think the hype and craziness surrounding HT can’t get any more insane, I read that the beer is being bootlegged on online for double the retail price and the alleged bootlegger was caught in a sting. Just unreal. Link to story.
4. Hangar 24 Pugachevs Cobra – Anyone chasing after Bourbon County Stout should look over here! This super smooth 15% abv. bourbon barrel aged Imperial Stout was released today, and it’s badass.
3. Stone Smoked Porter with Vanilla Bean – Stone listens to their fans, and rewarded us with a wider release of Stone Smoked Porter with Vanilla Bean. This has lit up Social media since Monday, and with it’s very fair price point, we will be seeing this
2. Founders Sweet Repute – This barrel aged wheat wine is on everyones want list at the moment. If you’re were beer cousins with KBS, CBS and Curmudgeons Better Half, you’d be too.
1. FiftyFifty Eclipse Imperial Stout Aged in Pappy Van Winkle Barrels – FiftyFifty Brewing has released this years batch of Eclipse, and created some big buzz by releasing some aged in Pappy Van Winkle Barrels at their annual party. PVW + Anything = amazing, or so I’ve been told.
Speaking of Goose Island Bourbon County Stout and family, should they be included in the Craft Beer Power Rankings? Comment below with your thoughts.