We’d like present you with the Craft Beer Power Rankings for the beginning week of July. The craft beer rankings ranks the 5 most buzzworthy beers of the week. Influences include but are not limited to social media (Facebook,Twitter, Instagram) as well as RateBeer and BeerAdvocate. Cheers!
5. Surly SEVIIN – This beer debuted last week. There are mixed reviews from the Minnesota homers on this beer, but for the most part, they have been positive. We look forward to giving this beer a try.
4. Ballast Point Sculpin – It’s been a favorite of the hop loving community for about 6-7 years, it’s fairly new canned packaging has given it a little shot in the arm. The beer has always been spectacular, but the beer is so delicate that 22 oz.bottles didn’t quite do it justice. It’s also in the lead in our Best West-Coast Style IPA Poll.
3. Westbrook Mexican Cake – I’m here to say with first hand knowledge that the beer lives up to the hype. People are still trying to track this down on trade and we are about a month out from it’s initial release.
2. Founders Rübæus – Founders released this amazing raspberry ale a few weeks ago, it’s getting great marks and it’s all over instagram. Why? Because it’s from Founders, it’s good, and you don’t have to work so hard to get it into your hands. That’s a great combo.
1. Cigar City 110k + OT Batch 6 – This completely flew under my radar for a few reasons. Firstly, Cigar City pumps out more recipes and new beers than our friends at The Bruery, and I think back to some of the 110k beers that have just been fresh ales. Well, this bad mother shut your mouth is an Imperial Stout with Raspberries aged in Port Barrels. Try saying that without smiling. This will be hitting the streets in a few weeks, and is sure to blow up the boards.