Craft Beer Power Rankings 6-28-13
We’d like present you with the Craft Beer Power Rankings for the last week of June. The craft beer rankings ranks the 5 most buzzworthy beers of the week. Influences include but are not limited to social media (Facebook,Twitter, Instagram) as well as RateBeer and BeerAdvocate. Cheers!
5. Stone RuinTen IPA – At this very moment in time, you won’t be able to find a stronger, fresher double IPA. While rounding the corner on my second bottle, I pondered whether I was drinking a double IPA or the hoppiest barleywine of all time.
4. Avery Jacob’s Stout Batch 2 – Avery has been doing magic things with barrels for a while now, and according to this weeks Avery press release, they got a decent sized yield for their smash hit Uncle Jacob’s Stout. Knowing the beer trades well and can probably last a few years, they have made the announcement they are selling it in a 1 case limit for us to attempt to cellar it. Great idea.
3. Troegs Mango Triple IPA – This beer was dropped early this week, and all the PA traders are taking advantage of it. Like any IPA, there is a small window for optimal enjoyment, so snag it up now, or hope that Troegs makes a larger batch.
2. Golden Road Heal The Bay IPA – The Golden Road Cinderella story continues as the City of Los Angeles drinks the driest dankest IPA ever made there.
1. Surly SEVIIN – Nothing makes me feel time is flying by more than the fact that Surly is now 7 years old. They are dropping the release of SEVIIN to celebrate, a Belgian Strong Bretted Beer. It will be fun to see where this beer is at, and the predictions of where it is headed in terms of Brett development. While I didn’t care for Syx, I’ve enjoyed everything else Surly has ever done, and look forward to trying this. Great label, cool bottle, great brewery, and the trade boards should be filled with trade offers and requests for this for the next month or two.