Craft Beer Power Rankings 7-12-13
We’d like present you with the Craft Beer Power Rankings for the second week of July. The craft beer rankings ranks the 5 most buzzworthy beers of the week. Influences include but are not limited to social media (Facebook,Twitter, Instagram) as well as RateBeer and BeerAdvocate. Cheers!
5. Drew Curtis/Wil Wheaton/Greg Koch Stone Farking Wheaton w00tstout – Ridiculous name, super tasty recipe. Folks will probably order this up as w00tstout. We previewed this beer and it’s super drinkable at 13%. There’s already buzz online about the beer, and it doesn’t drop until this Monday.
4. Founders Rubaeus – People continue to be impressed by this beer. For good reason, as it’s delicious, obtainable and trades well to non-Founder’s regions.
3. Surly SEVIIN – Early ratings have improved on both rating sites, folks are trading this like gold.
2. Cantillon Zwanze 2013 – The beer and subsequent events are in the future, but the buzz is today. Can you say Cantillon Zwanze without smiling? We bet you can’t.
1. Westbrook Barrel Aged Mexican Cake – Filet Mignon is great, Filet wrapped in bacon is better. Same line of thinking with putting Mexican Cake (the beer) in a bourbon barrel. The hype for this will eclipse that of it’s untreated counterpart.