(Boulder, Co) – After eight years, Upslope Brewing is changing things up with a new year-round can! Our commitment to celebrating creativity and exploring new styles has led to the evolution of our first and flagship brew. Starting this week, Upslope Citra Pale Ale will replace our original Pale Ale in the year-round lineup and will be available in 12-ounce six-packs, twelve-packs, Mix Boxes, and permanently on draft in both of our tap rooms.
For several years, our brewers have worked on perfecting the Citra Pale Ale recipe. It has previously been released as an installment in our Upslope Tap Room Series, and quickly became a customer and staff favorite in our tap rooms. The proven popularity of this beer with its distinct juicy hop character delivered by the Citra hops has led to this evolution and the beer ultimately finding its way into a year-round can. We are proud to now be canning and selling our Citra Pale Ale anywhere you can find Upslope beers!
“The decision to retire the one that started it all and introduce a new style to our lineup in its place comes from our dedication to experimentation and creativity. This beer represents our best foot forward and the spirit of what happens when we continue to hone our craft, keep our sights on the future and listen to what our fans want.”
-Upslope Founder, Matt Cutter
ABOUT THE BEER
Upslope’s Citra Pale Ale is an American style pale ale which prominently features Citra hops, delivering pungent grapefruit and tropical fruit aromas with a semi-dry finish. Juicy, floral notes imparted by the hops pair with the light malt character to balance it out. Like its predecessor, the Citra Pale Ale comes in at 5.8% ABV and will soon be the new “go-to” beer for your next adventure.
Fans looking to be the first to try the Citra Pale Ale in the new cans should join us for our upcoming release events – check out the schedule below and find an event near you!
Wednesday, January 25
- DENVER, CO: Sneak Preview Party at Hops and Pie (5:00 pm) for their $2 Craft Can Night!
Thursday, January 26
- BOULDER, CO: Upslope’s Citra Can Release Party at our Flatiron Park tap room (5:00-9:00 pm)
- COLORADO SPRINGS, CO: Citra Release Party at Brewer’s Republic
- DENVER, CO: Upslope Citra Pale Ale SIA After Party at the Hyatt Regency (6:00 pm-2:00 am)
- After the SIA Snow Show, meet us across the street at the Hyatt Regency’s Strata Bar for Citra Pale Ale cans all night long (Craft Lager & Oatmeal Stout will also be available)
- FORT COLLINS, CO: Join the Upslope FoCo crew for our Citra Fort Collins Release at The Mainline Ale House (5:00-8:00 pm); Cans on sale for $3/each.
- Evening special: Can of Citra Pale Ale + two “drunken” steak tacos braised in the beer for $10!
Friday, January 27
- BRECKENRIDGE, CO:
- Rocky Mountain Underground (on tap)
- Downstairs at Eric’s (on tap)
- Empire Burger (on tap)
- Flipside (on tap)
- Apres (cans)
- Gold Pan Saloon (cans; lookout for Citra Pale Ale to be their February “Can of the Month”)
- COLORADO SPRINGS, CO: Citra Pale Ale Pint Night at SuperNova
- CRESTED BUTTE, CO: The Brick Oven (cans)
- STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, CO:
- The Barley (on tap)
- Four Points Lodge (at Steamboat Ski Resort) (on tap)
↠ VAIL, CO: Ale House (on tap)
Saturday, January 28
- NEDERLAND, CO: Citra Pale Ale tasting at Eldora Mountain Resort – Try it before you buy it! Cans available for sale after sampling.
Thursday, February 2
- ALBUQUERQUE, NM: Upslope Citra Pale Ale’s New Mexico Release at Rock & Brews ABQ
2017 BEER LINEUP
In addition to our new Citra Pale Ale, we have a slew of new brews lined up for ya! Take a look at our 2017 Beer Release Calendar and get pumped!
At a glance:
- Belgian Style Blonde Ale with Guava, originally brewed exclusively for Utah, will now stick around all year-long and be available in new markets.
- 2017 Experimental India Pale Ale will be joining our seasonal, Limited Release, rotation in April and May.
- Get ready for all new Lee Hill Series and Tap Room Series brews: including Peanut Butter Porter, Strawberry Mint IPA, Champagne Saison with Nelson Sauvin, and Fresh Hop IPA to name a few.