Cigar City Brewing has released some very good news for their nationwide fans. They will be starting up a beer club similar to The Bruery and Crooked Stave, known as El Catador Club. Here are the preliminary details from their latest blog post.
“El catador” translates from Spanish to “the taster.” In cigar factories, el catador is responsible for tasting the cigars to determine its qualities in flavor and aroma.
El Catador Club is a special members-only club that guarantees you barrel-aged bottled releases as well as advanced access to purchase other special bottles. Here are the most important details of El Catador Club:
– Membership is $120*
– Membership guarantees you to one bottle of 5 barrel-aged beers to be released periodically over the course of your membership
– This membership does not have a set time period; membership concludes 30 days after the release of the 5th and final bottle. You will have first of refusal for the second installment of El Catador Club
- None of the beers are determined yet, but ONE will be a barrel-aged variant of Hunahpu’s Imperial Stout
– Depending on the yield from each batch, there is potential for purchasing additional bottles for each member. This will only be determined when that beer is ready to be released to the club
– You will have advance notice of other beer releases and the chance to purchase these bottles before non-club members
– Other perks include an El Catador Club t-shirt, a membership card, 10% off all purchases in the tasting room, potential for advanced access to ticketed events and possibly members-only special beers on tap or available in growlers in the tasting room
Note that we are unable to ship bottles and therefore all of the bottles must be picked up only in our tasting room. We will allow trustees however, so for our out-of-state fans, now is the time to start reaching out to your local relatives and friends!
Details for purchasing El Catador memberships will be announced very soon so keep an eye on our Facebook and Twitter feeds this coming week!
* add an additional 5% for memberships purchased by credit card