Podcast EP 215 – Meet The Mcilhenneys – Pat and Shawn
We are joined by the famous father son duo Pat and Shawn behind Mcilhenney Brewing in Alpine, CA. We discuss the following:
– Waking up from a fever dream where Pat and Shawn lost their brewery in Alpine but then got it back in the end.
– Launching as Mcilhenny Brewing in the second half of the pandemic.
– The type of beers that made Pat and Shawn famous.
– What has changed for them in the last ten years in terms of business.
– What is the hop procurement scene like now?
– It used to be fairly hard to get their beer before, how about now?
– Did the Mcilhenneys inspire a generation of IPA brewers?
– The inevitable mention of IPAs that are not clear…
– Have IPAs gotten too sweet overall and will they swing back to bitter?
– How is Mcilhenney Brewing able to keep such a diverse taplist?
– Stout, lager and barrel aged beer talk.
– What does the SD beer scene look like today and are they approached constantly for collabs from breweries they never heard of?
– SD Beer, the land of the satelite tasting room.
– Will we see another Mcilhenney Brewing spot down the hill?
And much more!
We’d like to thank our sponsor Pure Project, a small batch San Diego brewery making the finest barrel aged sours, stouts, hazy and clear IPAs. CA and NV residents can have Pure Project shipped directly. Listeners of The Full Pint podcast can receive 15% off their order by visiting purebrewing.org/fullpint.
We’d also like to thank our sponsor Radiant Beer Co., which is now fully opened in Anaheim. Please visit radiantbeer.com, sign up for their newsletter to receive 15% off your first tasting room visit.
National Women’s Law Center – https://nwlc.org/
Department of Fair Employment and Housing – https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/
Project When – https://projectwhen.org/resources/how-to-report-workplace-harassment-incidents/