Podcast EP 170 – Get Waked – Johnathan Wakefield
Returning the show, founder of J. Wakefield Brewing out of Miami, FL, Johnathan Wakefield. We discuss many things including:
– The upcoming 5th Annual Wakefest
– How does he improve on the festival from previous years.
– Showing love to nearly 140 breweries over 3 days.
– Keeping an eye on guest breweries that have no line.
– Any new guests John\’s stoked about.
– The magnum raffles for charity.
– Our love of Permanent Hangover
– Distro into Publix
– How great are Pub Subs?
– Negotiating with Whole Foods Market.
– Planning for spot number 2.
– The importance of food + tasting room combo.
– Remaining independent.
– Being shopped by big beer.
– Thoughts on the rise and fall of Ballast Point.
– Speculation on Funky Budha Brewing.
– John’s tight collab circle.
– Lo-Cal IPA and Pastry seltzers.
And much much more!
We’d like to thank the sponsors of this show, if you are interested in sponsoring this podcast, please drop us a note at [email protected].
• El Segundo Brewing – Makers of some very fine hoppy ales near LAX, also check out their new digs, The Slice and Pint.
• Oskar Blues Brewery – Try new One-y IPA, 100 Calorie Hazy IPA Low Cal, High Haze.
Music for The Full Pint Podcast is provided by our pal Ben Tuttle, check him out at tenderbubbles.com