Podcast EP 169 – Old School – Bill Batten
We are joined by San Diego Beer royalty, head brewer of the up-and-coming Tap Room Beer Co. in San Diego, CA, Bill Batten. We discuss many things with Bill including:
– Our long history with Bill.
– How Bill got into brewing.
– Him joining AleSmith and growing it with the team.
– Moving AleSmith out and moving Mikkeller in.
– Becoming a free agent.
– Consulting for SD startups.
– PB TapRoom.
– Tap Room Beer Co.
– What beers will Bill brew.
– Old school vs Modern West Coast IPA.
– Thoughts on today’s hazy IPA.
– Approach to fitting in to today’s market.
– Thoughts on Toronado San Diego closing.
And much much more!
We’d like to thank the sponsors of this show, if you are interested in sponsoring this podcast, please drop us a note at [email protected].
• Firestone Walker Brewing – Check out the new hazy IPA, Mind Haze – Let your mind wander.
• El Segundo Brewing – Makers of some very fine hoppy ales near LAX, also check out their new digs, The Slice and Pint.
• Oskar Blues Brewery – Try new One-y IPA, 100 Calorie Hazy IPA Low Cal, High Haze.
Music for The Full Pint Podcast is provided by our pal Ben Tuttle, check him out at tenderbubbles.com