Podcast EP 166 – Craft Beer’s Nemesis: Katzenbrau Part 1
This week, we are joined by one of the most interesting characters in all of #BeerTwitter, @katzenbrau aka Daniel Katzen. We sit down for a two part interview with The Cat, where we discuss many of the topics surrounding beer and brewing that he feels strongly about including:
– Danny explains The Cat’s online persona.
– Who is this guy?
– How is this guy so tuned in to the beer industry?
– Scraping with beer writer Jeff Alworth.
– Cat’s love of German beer.
– Thoughts on wood aged lagering.
– Posh breweries dabbling into lager making.
– The bastardization of Märzen, Oktoberfest and STEINS.
– Cat’s nemesis: Craft Beer
And much much more!
We’d like to thank the sponsors of this show, if you are interested in sponsoring this podcast, please drop us a note at [email protected].
• Firestone Walker Brewing – Check out the new hazy IPA, Mind Haze – Let your mind wander.
• El Segundo Brewing – Makers of some very fine hoppy ales near LAX, also check out their new digs, The Slice and Pint.
• Oskar Blues Brewery – Try new One-y IPA, 100 Calorie Hazy IPA Low Cal, High Haze.
Music for The Full Pint Podcast is provided by our pal Ben Tuttle, check him out at tenderbubbles.com