Podcast EP 158 – What’s Going on in Portland? – Jeff Alworth
We are joined by author and award winning beer writer out of Portland, OR, Jeff Alworth. We discuss the recent closures of staple breweries in Portland and a bit of back history including:
– Dan’s admiration for Jeff’s work.
– How Jeff got into beer writing.
– Dan’s unfair assessment of the Portland flavor profile.
– Oregon being the most mature beer city in America.
– The closures of the mature Oregon breweries over the past two years.
– Is what’s happening in the Oregon market going to happen in other beer cities?
– Thoughts on the rise of Great Notion Brewing.
– Portland’s price per beer conditioning.
– Modern Times PDX talk.
– Jeff’s place on Beer Twitter.
And much more!
We’d like to thank the sponsors of this show, if you are interested in sponsoring this podcast, please drop us a note at [email protected].
• Firestone Walker Brewing – Check out the new hazy IPA, Mind Haze – Let your mind wander.
• El Segundo Brewing – Makers of some very fine hoppy ales near LAX, also check out their new digs, The Slice and Pint.
• Oskar Blues Brewery – Try new One-y IPA, Low Cal, High Haze.
Music for The Full Pint Podcast is provided by our pal Ben Tuttle, check him out at tenderbubbles.com