Podcast EP 144 – Evolving a Craft Beverage Company – Garrett Marrero
We are joined by Co-Founder of Maui Brewing and Kupu Spirits, Garrett Marrero. We talk about the past, present and future of Garrett’s famous Maui Hawaii based business, with topics including:
– Dan and Garrett’s family meeting over a decade ago.
– Watching Garrett’s travels on social media.
– Fallout from the Kona class action lawsuit.
– The challenges of selling a region specific lifestyle brand outside of Hawaii.
– Maui’s “Dream Team” of brewers.
– The current state of regional craft breweries.
– Garrett’s strong bond with Stone Brewing.
– Distribution logistics.
– Various reasons why brewers are pivoting to cider, seltzer and canned cocktails.
– Introducing Kupu Spirits.
And much more!
We’d like to thank the sponsors of this show, if you are interested in sponsoring this podcast, please drop us a note at [email protected].
• California Craft Beer Summit 2019 – Whether you are in the beer industry or just love drinking the good stuff, mark your calendar and secure your tickets for the biggest beer event on the west coast.
• Firestone Walker Brewing – Check out the new hazy IPA, Mind Haze – Let your mind wander.
• El Segundo Brewing – Makers of some very fine hoppy ales near LAX, also check out their new digs, The Slice and Pint.
Music for The Full Pint Podcast is provided by our pal Ben Tuttle, check him out at tenderbubbles.com
Read more at https://thefullpint.libsyn.com/#XIl8MC6H6zvKIxZe.99