Podcast EP 133 – Filling Big Shoes – Dan Cady From Mikkeller SD
This week, we are joined by Dan Cady, Head Brewer of Mikkeller San Diego. We discuss Dan’s journey in San Diego beer and the birth of Mikkeller’s first proper brewery. Items of discussion include:
– Dan’s first brewery gigs in San Diego.
– AleSmith moving out and Mikkeller moving in.
– Working under Bill Batten.
– The dynamic between Denmark HQ and San Diego Brewery.
– Hazies in San Diego.
– The Viking Club.
– Sustainability of “a new can a week”
– The story behind Windy Hill NEIPA.
– How will Mikkeller SD fare in the weird SD market?
– The barrel program.
– Thoughts on Lo-Cal and Cannabis drinkings.
– Will traditional styles make a return?
And much more!
We’d like to thank the sponsors of this show, if you are interested in sponsoring this podcast, please drop us a note at [email protected].
• CraftyShipping.com – Pack your box of beer with confidence using Crafty Shipping’s specially made crate. Listen to the show for the 10% off promo code.
• El Segundo Brewing – Makers of some very fine hoppy ales near LAX, also check out their new digs, The Slice and Pint.
• Shelton Brothers Insiders Tour – Take a once in a lifetime guided beer tour of Barcelona or Franconia with the authority on World Class beer. Visit http://sheltonbrotherstours.com to book your experience now.
Music for The Full Pint Podcast is provided by our pal Ben Tuttle, check him out at tenderbubbles.com