Podcast EP 131 – Luck is On His Side – Kyle Pittser
We are joined by Owner/Head Brewer of Dionysus Brewing out of Bakersfield, CA, Kyle Pittser. We chat with Kyle in complete astonishment as he talks us through his journey from 18 year old bartender all the way up to owning his on sour focused brewery. Items of discussion include:
– Going from the oil fields to Lengthwise Brewing at age 18.
– Learning to home brew and tackling sours.
– Starting an underground sour club.
– Inspirations in the sour realm.
– Biggest fears.
– Having to brew other styles for the sake of the business.
– The kettle sour stigma.
– Thoughts on Methode Traditionale.
– Collab wishes.
– Expansion plans.
– The value in a small brewery visiting the craft brewers conference.
And much more!
We’d like to thank the sponsors of this show, if you are interested in sponsoring this podcast, please drop us a note at [email protected].
• CraftyShipping.com – Pack your box of beer with confidence using Crafty Shipping’s specially made crate. Listen to the show for the 10% off promo code.
• El Segundo Brewing – Makers of some very fine hoppy ales near LAX, also check out their new digs, The Slice and Pint.
• Shelton Brothers Insiders Tour – Take a once in a lifetime guided beer tour of Barcelona or Franconia with the authority on World Class beer. Visit http://sheltonbrotherstours.com to book your experience now.
Music for The Full Pint Podcast is provided by our pal Ben Tuttle, check him out at tenderbubbles.com