Podcast EP 113 – Vinnie Cilurzo of Russian River Brewing
We are joined by the Godfather of the American Double IPA, Co-Owner and Brewmaster of Russian River Brewing, Vinnie Cilurzo. We discuss many things including:
– Vinnie’s start in Temecula, CA.
– Migrating to Sonoma for Korbel
– Starting Russian River Brewing
– The birth of Pliny the Elder
– The super short shelf life of Pliny
– The barrel aged sour program
– The legacy of Beatification
– What led to Windsor expansion
– Strategy on spreading the beer around with more production
– Addressing the lack of supply among eager retailers
– The change in IPA preferences
– Will Russian River can, and why didn’t they add a canning line in Windsor
– COMIC SANS~!
And much more.
This podcast is sponsored by New Belgium Brewing, please visit http://newbelgiumbrewing.com to learn about their lineup and where to find their beer.
Music for The Full Pint Podcast provided by our pal Ben Tuttle, check him out at tenderbubbles.com
Read more at http://thefullpint.libsyn.com/#TMBlGYWWc2zipFmv.99