Wynkoop’s United Tastes Of Belgium, Banjo Billy Brewery Bus Tours
On July 21 from 1-4 PM, Wynkoop Brewing Company presents our second annual The United Tastes of Belgium. As it did last year in its debut, the event will feature samples of the best Belgian-style beers from Colorado and the US, along with a choice selection of premier beers from Belgium.
To go with the beers, we’ll have a spread of artisan-style chocolates and gourmet cheeses from some of Colorado’s finest small-batch cheese producers. Tickets are $30 in advance and $37.50 the day of the beer fest (if it’s not sold out). Below is a list of the breweries and beers we have confirmed so far. There are many more to come. Wynkoop Brewing is now the starting point for a weekly, every-Thursday tour of four of D-town’s best breweries. The tours are run by the mighty Banjo Billy, whose wacky hillbilly bus and historic tours of Boulder and Denver have been a hit for several years.
Banjo launched a series of brewery tours in Boulder last year, they quickly became a hit. Now he’s bringing them to Denver and we are the first spot on each tour. At 5:15 PM bus riders enjoy a tour of Wynkoop Brewing Company along with a few beer samples. At 6 the bus goes to Breckenridge Brewery, Strange Brewing Company and Denver Beer Co. The bus brings the riders back to Wynkoop around 9 PM.
Tickets are just $34 per person and include samples at Wynkoop, a pint at each of the other breweries, and transportation aboard the Banjo Billy bus. Advance reservations are highly recommended and can be made online at www.banjobilly.com or by calling (720) 938-8885.
Wynkoop Brewing Company
2012 United Tastes of Belgium Beer List (as of 6-21-12)
- Arvada Beer Company — Belgian IPA, Belgian Strong Golden Ale
- Avery Brewing – Salvation, Reverend, White Rascal, special guest
- AC Golden – Imitation, Framboise
- Breckenridge Brewery – Elevation Belgian Pale Ale, Peak Six Belgian Vanilla Porter
- Copper Kettle – Belgian Golden Strong Ale
- Crooked Stave — Surette Reserva, Petite Sour
- Funkwerks – Tropic King, Saison
- Golden City Brewery – Belgian Pale Ale
- Great Divide – Colette, Hades, Belgian Yeti 2011 and 2012
- Left Hand – St. Vrain Trippel
- Phantom Canyon – beers TBA
- River North- TBA
- Ska – True Blond Dubbel
- Sierra Nevada – Ovila Dubbel, Ovila Saison, Ovila Golden
- Strange Brewing – TBA
- Tommyknocker – Black Saison, Nice Saison
- Wynkoop Brewing – TBA