Oktoberfest At Garces Trading Company
Celebrate Oktoberfest At Garces Trading Company With A Decadent Six-Course Beer Pairing Dinner
Philadelphia, PA – On Monday, October 3 at 6:30 p.m., celebrate Oktoberfest at Iron Chef Jose Garces’ European cafe and gourmet market, Garces Trading Company (GTC). For $75 per person, plus tax and gratuity, guests will enjoy six courses of German-inspired fare paired with a variety of unusual and delicious German-style craft beers. Seating is limited, and reservations are strongly encouraged.
“Oktoberfest is a time to celebrate one of our favorite things: pairing beer with food,” says Chef Garces. “This special meal is a terrific opportunity for guests to learn more about beer pairings – and for more experienced ‘beer sommeliers’ to enjoy some of the best examples of their craft.”
The sumptuous menu will include:
- Devils on Horseback, dates with trout rillette, double-smoked bacon and horseradish emulsion, and Roll Mops, mackerel escabeche with pickled apple and esplette, paired with Great Lakes Eliot Ness Amber Lager, with rich, fragrant malt flavors balanced by crisp, noble hops;
- House-made Westphalian Ham with baby arugula, white asparagus and citrus-quark vinaigrette, paired with Sly Fox Phoenix Pale Ale, a bold American pale ale that is copper in color, medium bodied and spicy;
- Duck Liverwurst Tartine with frisee, orange and caraway aioli, paired with Spaten Lager, a golden-colored, well-balanced lager that was the first light lager ever produced in Munich, Germany;
- Pan-Roasted Trout with Dijon spaetzle and roast chicken jus, paired with Ayinger Oktober Fest-Märzen, a medium-bodied, golden amber beer with a bit of sweet malt balanced by floral hops;
- Chocroute, hunter sausage with pork belly and house-made sauerkraut, paired with Weyerbacher Autumnfest Ale, a copper-colored tribute to Bavarian Oktoberfest festival beers with roasty malt and a smooth, consistent finish;
- Oxtail Croquette with bacon-riesling potato puree and bordelaise, paired with Heavy Seas Imperial, with aromas of roasted coffee, molasses and dark chocolate;
- Pumpkin Cake with cranberry gelee, paired with Dogfish Head Punkin Ale, a full-bodied brown ale brewed with pumpkin meat, organic brown sugar and spices.
Garces Trading Company is a European cafe specializing in artisanal charcuterie and cheeses alongside house-made baked goods and Chef Garces’ famed small plates. The adjacent gourmet market offers a rich assortment of domestic and imported retail items. The restaurant serves seven days a week from 10 a.m. until 10 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday brunch is available from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m. For more information, or to make a reservation for the Oktoberfest dinner, please call (215) 574-1099 or visit www.garcestradingcompany.com and follow them on Twitter: @GarcesTradingCo.