Hood River Hops Fest
When it comes to big beer flavor, it’s almost impossible to beat the big contribution of freshly harvested Northwest hops.
Coming to Hood River from noon to 9 p.m. on Saturday, September 29, 2012, the Hops Fest has become a fall tradition. For itinerant quaffers, those tasters who just can’t get enough hoptivity, the Hood River Hops Fest is just the first of three corners on the fresh hop triangle of life.
Pour from the pitchers of more than 20 Northwest craft brewers, anchor it in the middle of the nation’s only National Scenic Area, and you have the makings for the Seventh Annual Hood River Hops Fest.
- noon-2pm Barlow Road
- 2-4pm Tess Barr
- 4-6pm Tony Smiley
- 6-7pm Scarlet Thistle Belly Dancing Troupe
- 8-9pm The Quick & Easy Boys
Children are welcome throughout the afternoon until 6pm; The venue is open to adults only until closing at 9pm.
$4.00 for wine drinkers and designated drivers
21 and over $6.00, which includes beer tasting stein
20 and under free until 5:30 p.m.
Tokens are $1 each. 4 tokens = a full beer, or 1 token = a taste.
Please. no dogs.
Look who’s coming to the Hood River Hops Fest this year!
- Amnesia Brewing, Portland, OR
- Big Horse Brewery, Hood River, OR
- Block 15 Brewing, Corvallis, OR
- Breakside Brewery, Portland, OR
- Burnside Brewery, Portland, OR
- Beer Valley Brewing, Ontario, OR
- Bridgeport Brewery, Portland, OR
- Cascade Lakes Brewing, Redmond, OR
- The Commons Brewery, Portland, OR
- Deschutes Brewery, Bend and Portland, OR
- Double Mountain Brewery, Hood River, OR
- Everybody’s Brewing, White Salmon, WA
- Falling Sky Brewing, Eugene, OR
- Flat Tail Brewing, Corvallis, OR
- Fort George Brewery, Astoria, OR
- Full Sail Brewing, Hood River, OR
- Golden Valley Brewing, McMinnville, OR
- Gigantic Brewing, Portland, OR
- Hopworks Urban Brewery, Portland, OR
- Hale’s Ales Brewery, Seattle, WA
- Laurelwood Brewing, Portland, OR
- Lagunitas Brewing, Petaluma, CA
- Logsdon’s Ales, Hood River, OR
- McMenamins Edgefield, Troutdale, OR
- New Belgium Brewing, Fort Collins, CO
- Ninkasi Brewing, Eugene, OR
- Oakshire Brewing, Eugene, OR
- Pelican Brewery, Pacific City, OR
- Pfriem Family Brewers, Hood River, OR
- Rock Bottom Brewery, Portland, OR
- Rogue Ales, Newport, OR
- Sierra Nevada Brewing, Chico, CA
- Schooner Exact Brewing, Seattle, WA
- Solera Brewing, Parkdale, OR
- Silver Moon, Bend, OR
- 10 Barrel Brewing, Bend, OR
- Upright Brewing, Portland, OR
- Widmer Brothers Brewing, Portland, OR
- Walking Man Brewing, Stevenson, WA
Hood River County Chamber of Commerce hosts a beer lover’s dream when fresh-hopped brews from more than two dozen Northwest craft brewers are on tap. The event showcases Hood River County’s own microbreweries as well as some of the best of the Northwest brewers. To accompany the brews, Hops Fest showcases;
Local cuisine from woodfire pizza to American pub grub to vegetarian style dishes.
Unique arts and crafts vendors from around the Northwest including beer inspired soaps, unique jewelery and handmade pottery.
A selection of Gorge wines.
A Kids Zone with face painting and other child friendly activities.
And a day-long lineup of live music.
Held in a special street pavilion in the heart of downtown Hood River, admission includes commemorative stein, and tasting tokens are sold for a nominal price. The annual event attracts thousands and proceeds support the programs of the Hood River County Chamber of Commerce.
For more info visit www.hoodriver.org