GABF 2010 – Sneak Peek Part 2
We caught up with many brewers this week, and wanted to find out their involvement in The Great American Beer Festival (GABF). Here are there responses to these questions:
1. What kind of presence will you have at GABF?
2. What beers will you be sending for the festival?
3. What beers will you be entering for judging and in what category?
Sorry, for us the big event is the Great Taste. So no one from the brewery is going. And I am not about to jinx ourselves by discussing what beers went to what category.
1. Our Asst. Head Brewer, Dean Mochizuki and our owners, Charles and Rose Ann Finkel
2. Pike IPA and Pike Monk’s Uncle Tripel Ale
3. Same as above, IPA and Belgium style.
We have the brewery owner, Jack White and a handful of sales reps attending the fest in Denver. We entered a whole bunch of beers (listed below) and will pour 5 tasty treats at our booth (also below). In addition, our Wahoo Wheat Beer will be featured Thursday at the SD Brewer’s Guild table. Should be a good time. Cheers! -Ryan G
Yellowtail Ale 42
Calico Amber Ale 49
Big Eye IPA 46
Black Marlin Porter 70
Sculpin IPA 47
Judge Only Beer:
Wahoo Wheat Beer 63
Dorado Double IPA 48
Sea monster Imperial Stout 76B
Victory at Sea Coffee Vanilla Imperial Porter 5A Imperial Porter brewed with coffee and spiced with Vanilla
Fathom IPL 13 Highly hopped lager. “India Pale Lager?”
Piper Down Scottish Ale 54C
Bourbon Barrel Aged Piper Down Scottish Ale 17A Scottish Ale aged in Bourbon Barrels
Bourbon Barrel Aged Sea Monster Imperial Stout 19 American Imperial Stout Aged in Bourbon Barrels
Hout Series – Guezue 66B
Three Sheets Barleywine 79B
Barrel Aged Victory at Sea 18 Coffee Vanilla Imperial Porter aged in Bourbon Barrels
Navigator Doppelbock 38A
Abandon Ship Smoked Lager 23A Bock Style Rauchbier
1. We will have a booth and we are sending about 5 people.
2. Blind Salamander Pale Ale, Ugly Pug Black Lager, Rahr’s Blonde Helles Lager
3. Blind Salamander Pro-Am, Pug – Cat 36, Blonde – Cat 27
1. We’ll have a booth at the festival and will be pouring 5 beers.
2. Harpoon IPA, UFO Hefeweizen , Harpoon Octoberfest ,Harpoon Leviathan Imperial IPA ,Harpoon Leviathan Triticus
3. We’ve entered all the beers listed above, with the addition of the Harpoon Belgian Pale Ale and the UFO Raspberry Hefeweizen