Denver Rare Beer Tasting VI – Partial Brewery List, Tickets on Sale Now
DENVER, CO – A partial list of 33 brewers that have committed to pour beer at the Denver Rare Beer Tasting VI has been released by Pints for Prostates.
The prostate cancer awareness event will be held on Oct. 3 in Colorado during the same weekend as the Great American Beer Festival. The Denver Rare Beer Tasting VI features the chance to sample rare, exotic and vintage beers from more than 40 of America’s top craft breweries and the opportunity to meet the men and women who made them.
“We are excited by the support of a terrific list of breweries that are reaching deep into their beer cellars for prized brews to pour at the Denver Rare Beer Tasting VI,” said Rick Lyke, founder of Pints for Prostates. “The craft beer community is stepping up to help us reach men through the universal language of beer.”
Brewers who have already committed to beer at the event include:
- Alaskan Brewing, Juneau, Alaska
- Allagash Brewing, Portland, Maine
- Avery Brewing, Boulder, Colo.
- Big Sky Brewing, Missoula, Mont.
- Boston Beer, Boston, Mass.
- Breckenridge Brewing, Breckenridge, Colo.
- The Bruery, Placentia, Calif.
- Cascade Brewing, Portland, Ore.
- Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, Milton, Del.
- Ecliptic Brewing, Portland, Ore.
- Elysian Brewing, Seattle, Wash.
- Firestone Walker Brewing, Paso Robles, Calif.
- Full Sail Brewing, Portland, Ore.
- Fullsteam Brewing, Durham, N.C.
- Grand Teton Brewery, Victor, Idaho
- Great Divide Brewing, Denver, Colo.
- Jester King Craft Brewery, Austin, Texas
- Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales, Dexter, Mich.
- Laughing Dog Brewing, Ponderay, Idaho
- The Lost Abbey, San Marcos, Calif.
- Nebraska Brewing, Papillion, Neb.
- New Belgium Brewing, Fort Collins, Colo.
- NoDa Brewing, Charlotte, N.C.
- NXNW Restaurant & Brewery, Austin, Texas
- Perennial Artisan Ales, St. Louis, Mo.
- River North Brewery, Denver, Colo.
- Rogue Ales, Newport, Ore.
- Sierra Nevada Brewing, Chico, Calif.
- Stone Brewing, Escondido, Calif.
- Thirsty Dog Brewing, Akron, Ohio
- Tröegs Brewing, Hershey, Pa.
- Weyerbacher Brewing, Easton, Pa.
- Wicked Weed Brewing, Asheville, N.C.
Breweries bring some of their rarest brews to the event. The beer list for the Denver Rare Beer Tasting VI will be released prior to the event. A list of beers poured during the first five years is available on the Pints for Prostates website.
Tickets for the event are on sale now. http://www.etix.com/ticket/online/venueSearch.jsp?venue_id=10492 VIP tickets have sold out, but General admission tickets are $110 each for the 1-4 p.m. event. Each attendee receives a commemorative tasting glass, t-shirt, program and pen. A buffet lunch is included in the ticket price and guests will have the chance to bid in an exciting silent auction that includes a variety of unique beer experiences and collectibles. The first five Denver Rare Beer Tastings sold out weeks in advance. The event will be held this year on two floors of the McNichols Civic Center Building at 144 W. Colfax Ave.
All ticket holders to this year’s Denver Rare Beer Tasting will be entered into a drawing for a 9-night BeerTrips.com organized tour for two of Belgium, the Czech Republic and Germany. VIP ticket holders will receive three raffle tickets and general admission ticket holders will receive one ticket. Anyone wearing a Pints for Prostates t-shirt or hat to the event will receive another free entry for the drawing. Additional tickets will be available for a donation. The winner will be drawn during the event from tickets collected exclusively at the Denver Rare Beer Tasting. The winner and a guest will travel to Brussels, Prague, Bamberg and Cologne from Oct. 8-18, 2015. The trip includes roundtrip airfare from the continental U.S., 9 nights hotel, ground transportation, brewery tours, pub crawls, guided city tours, 9 breakfasts, 4 beer lunches and 4 beer dinners.
“The Denver Rare Beer Tasting is an annual celebration of beer passion. Beer fans get to taste a collection of beers that most people never have the chance to enjoy, while rubbing elbows with the talented brewers,” said Lyke. “It is a fun afternoon and a great atmosphere, with a serious mission: raising awareness about prostate cancer.”
Pints for Prostates is a 501(c)3 non-profit charity and all net proceeds from Denver Rare Beer Tasting go towards the group’s awareness mission and help to fund the education and support programs of the Us TOO International Prostate Cancer Education and Support Network, and free prostates cancer screening programs provided by the Prostate Conditions Education Council.
Sponsorship packages are available for companies that wish to support and take part in the event.
About Pints for Prostates
Pints for Prostates reaches men through the universal language of beer to encourage them to take charge of their health. The group was founded by prostate cancer survivor and beer writer Rick Lyke in 2008. The grassroots effort raises awareness among men about the importance of regular men’s health screenings by making appearances at beer festivals, social networking and pro bono advertising. According to the National Cancer Institute, approximately 240,000 new prostate cancer cases are diagnosed annually in the U.S. More information is available at www.pintsforprostates.org. Pints for Prostates also has a presence on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (@pints4prostates).