Beer List Announced for Seattle Artisan Beer Tasting – August 16, 2014
SEATTLE – The brewery and beer list for the inaugural Seattle Artisan Beer Tasting on Aug. 16 has been released. The Pints for Prostatesbenefit event featuring a collection of more than two dozen artisan beers and food will be held in two sessions at the Pike Brewing Beer Garden on a roof top with a magnificent view of Puget Sound.
Presented by DRAFT Magazine and sponsored by Dendreon, the Seattle-based biotechnology company that targets cancer, the event features some of America’s leading craft brewers along with selected classic imported brews that will be poured at the outdoor event accompanied by food prepared by the chefs at the Pike Pub and Brewery. The two sessions on Aug. 16, 2-5 p.m. and 6-9 p.m., will each be limited to 140 guests.
Fourteen brewers and importers will be pouring a unique collection of beers at the event. The brewery and beer list includes:
- AleSmith Brewing of San Diego, Calif., 2013 Barrel-Aged Speedway Stout and AleSmith Anvil ESB;
- Big Sky Brewing of Missoula, Mont., Barrel-Aged Power Wagon Wheat Wine and Slow Elk Oatmeal Stout;
- Dogfish Head Craft Brewery of Milton, Del., 90 Minute IPA and 2012 Red & White;
- Double Mountain Brewery, Hood River, Ore., LuLu Saison, Sacre Bleu Belgian Dubbel and Double Mountain IRA;
- Elysian Brewing, Seattle, Wash., Night Owl Pumpkin Ale and Space Dust IPA;
- Global Beer Network, Middleton, Mass., Gulden Draak and St. Louis Gueuze Fond Tradition Kriek.
- Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales of Ann Arbor, Mich., Luciemaga and Parcela;
- Laughing Dog Brewing of Ponderay, Idaho, Summer Peach Sour and Trippel Squared;
- Merchant Du Vin of Seattle, Wash., Samuel Smith’s Organic Apricot Ale, Lindemans Cuvee Rene Gueuze Lambic and Brasserie du Bocq Saison 1858;
- Pike Brewery of Seattle, Wash., Pike Entire Wood Aged Stout and Pike Double Hopulus IPA;
- Rogue Ales of Newport, Ore., Rogue Farms 7 Hop IPA and Rogue Farms Honey Kolsch;
- Schooner Exact Brewing of Seattle, Wash., Dark Raspberry Sour Ale and 2014 Barrel-Aged Imperial Porter;
- Sierra Nevada Brewing of Chico, Calif., Rain Check Spiced Stout and Barrel-Aged Scotch Ale;
- Unibroue of Chambly, Quebec, La Fin du Monde and Blanche de Chambly.
“The Seattle Artisan Beer Tasting celebrates beer craftsmanship and helps raise funds for the Pints for Prostates campaign,” said Rick Lyke, a beer journalist who founded Pints for Prostates following successful prostate cancer surgery in 2008. “We are bringing together some great beer and food in a unique setting to reach men with a critical message about the importance of prostate cancer screenings and paying attention to their health.”
Tickets for the event are $65 with a $5 service fee online via ETIX. Tickets include unlimited beer samples, a commemorative tasting glass and food samples in an unforgettable setting overlooking Puget Sound. The event is being held at the Pike Brewery Beer Garden, on the roof of 84 Union St. (at the Post Alley) in Seattle adjacent to the historic Pike Place Market. Funds raised by Pints for Prostates help to support the group’s awareness mission, as well as funding free men’s health screenings provided by the Prostate Conditions Education Council and support groups organized by the Us TOO International Prostate Cancer Education and Support Network.
About Pints for Prostates
Pints for Prostates reaches men through the universal language of beer to encourage them to take charge of their health. The group was founded by prostate cancer survivor and beer writer Rick Lyke in 2008. The grassroots effort raises awareness among men about the importance of regular men’s health screenings by making appearances at beer festivals, social networking and pro bono advertising. According to the National Cancer Institute, approximately 240,000 new prostate cancer cases are diagnosed annually in the U.S. More information is available at www.pintsforprostates.org. Pints for Prostates also has a presence on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (@pints4prostates).