The Annual Gathering Of The Gourds At Iron Hill West Chester
West Chester, PA – On Saturday, October 26, beginning at 12 noon, Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant will host their annual Gathering of the Gourds, a celebration of squash, pumpkin and all things fall. Pumpkin-themed costumes are strongly encouraged, and a menu of tasty pumpkin and squash dishes will be available throughout the bar and restaurant to complement the array of more than a dozen pumpkin beers from Iron Hill and other craft beers brought in especially for the event. In addition to the beer offerings, a special Pumpkin Firkin will be tapped at 3 p.m.
Featured beers will include:
- Iron Hill West Chester’s Ichabod Imperial Belgian Pumpkin Ale, an extra-strong, spicy, unfiltered Belgian pumpkin ale with flavors of the harvest including clove, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, hints of roasted pumpkin and caramel, with a warming finish that is both fruity and aromatic. More than six pounds of pumpkin per barrel are added right to the mash; drink enough, and like this beer’s namesake, you’ll lose your head, too;
- Iron Hill West Chester’s Punktoberfest, a spiced version of their beloved fall lager, brewed with pumpkin for amber color and malt-y flavor with strong notes of vanilla and cinnamon and a spicy noble hop aroma;
- Iron Hill West Chester’s Bruce Camp-Ale, a tribute to The Chin himself, a bourbon barrel-aged imperial pumpkin ale that is created slowly over many moons by allowing Ichabod Imperial Belgian Pumpkin Ale to age and mellow in fresh Heaven Hill bourbon barrels for a beer that is bursting with decadent notes of vanilla and oak;
- Iron Hill West Chester’s Pumpkin Ale, a delicious American original with an orange-amber color, warm pumpkin aroma, and a biscuit-y malt center;
- Iron Hill West Chester’s Pumpkin Porter, a classic porter that is dark and full of roasted malt flavor, featuring chocolate notes that are balanced by a slight bitterness and accentuated by pumpkin pie spices;
- Iron Hill Lancaster’s Pumpkin Berliner Weisse, among the world’s first pumpkin Berliner Weisse beers, infused with autumn spices and blended with traditional sweet syrup to balance the beer’s natural acidity for a brew that is sweet up front, tart on the finish and pumpkin-spicy in the middle;
- Iron Hill Maple Shade’s Imperial Pumpkin Ale, pumpkin ale’s big brother, with fuller body from molasses and Belgian candi sugar, plus traditional pumpkin pie spices;
- Brooklyn Brewery’s Post Road Pumpkin Ale, brewed with hundreds of pounds of pumpkins blended into the mash for an orange-amber color, warm pumpkin aroma, biscuit-y malt center and crisp finish;
- Southern Tier’s Pumking, brewed in the spirit of All Hallow’s Eve with spicy aromas, deep copper color and rich flavor;
- Elysian’s Hopsquash Pumpkin IPA, a pumpkin IPA brewed with 150 pounds of pumpkin and generously hopped with Motueka and Sorachi Ace hops;
- Stewart’s Gourdzilla Imperial Pumpkin Ale, a monstrous pumpkin ale with an aggressive 8.666% ABV and deep, intense flavor;
- Dogfish Head’s Punkin Ale, a full-bodied brown ale with smooth hints of pumpkin and brown sugar, brewed with pumpkin meat, brown sugar and spices.
Gourd-centric menu items will include: Ginger Spiced Butternut Squash Soup with curried crème fraiche; Roasted Squash Salad with frisee, apple wood-smoked bacon, spiced pumpkin seeds and fried egg; Roasted Squash Pizza with red onion marmalade, crispy smoked bacon, garlic cream and fontina and pecorino romano cheeses; Duck Confit with pumpkin latkes, apple chutney and maple cream; Braised Short Ribs with caramelized squash, bacon, root vegetables and pumpkin-porter braising jus; Seared Duck Breast with pumpkin gnocchi, crispy sage chips and port wine brown butter; Seared Monkfish Medallions with pancetta-laced potato puree, sautéed spaghetti squash and Madeira wine sauce; and Pumpkin Flan. Dishes will range in price from $4.95 to $24.95.
Additionally, members of Iron Hill’s popular King of the Hill rewards program will enjoy an exclusive pumpkin beer: Iron Hill West Chester’s Pumpkin Weisse, an unfiltered, medium-bodied wheat beer with yeast-driven flavors of banana and clove that are accented by pumpkin pie spices.