Craft Beer Power Rankings 2-8-14
We’re back with another edition of Craft Beer Power Rankings. Craft Beer Power rankings is the top five most buzzworthy beers based on influences from the two major message boards, as well as social media outlets Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Do you have your own five, put them in the comment section below. Cheers!
5. – Stone Brewing Go To IPA – Stone has entered the Session IPA game in a big way with Go To IPA. Want all the flavor of a beer like Enjoy By without the 9% alcohol? Of course you do.
4. Cigar City Double Barrel Hunahpu – This beer hit the streets a few weeks ago, it’s the glorious Cigar City Hunahpu aged in Bourbon Barrels and Brandy Barrels. This is suuuuper limited and is pulling in some big trades. Luckily for those going to Hunahpu Day, it will be on tap.
3. AleSmith Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee Speedway – AleSmith Speedway Stout on a bad day is one of the best beers in the entire world. AleSmith putting some extra dank coffee takes this beer to new levels. Their Barrel Aged bottle sales cooled off on the hype tip last year, this particular offer should change that trend, as I expect this to be sold out in seconds.
2. Foothill’s Brewing Sexual Chocolate – My favorite beer from Foothills came back this year. While the yield on this beer grows every year, the popularity, hype, demand and desire grows even more. Great label, great name, and most importantly, a great beer.
1. Russian River Pliny The Younger – This once a year masterpiece is back. People line up for this triple IPA, people stalk their local bars, hand bottle, smuggle, etc. The beer is fantastic, but not as fantastic as it’s legend at this point. This will probably stay on the list for the next few weeks.