Craft Beer Power Rankings 1-24-14
We are back with the Craft Beer Power Rankings for 1-24-14. We attempt to rank the five most buzzworthy beers. Influences are the main two beer message boards, and social media outlets like Facebook and Instagram. Please feel free to share your five in the comment section below. Cheers!
5. El Segundo Hop Tanker – Back in my day, Los Angeles didn’t have good beer to call their own. Fast forward to recently, and we have a small brewery named El Segundo Brewing that murders it on the hoppy beers. SoCal is lit up with the latest release of Hop Tanker by El Segundo. Why is that? Nelson and Citra. Don’t sleep on this beer.
4. Topping Goliath PsudoSue – Topping Goliath has makes a super dank Pale Ale in the same vein as Zombie Dust, and this latest batch has people going nuts. We get to finally try this beer this weekend, and we have it on good authority this beer lives up to the hype.
3. Funky Buddha Maple Bacon Coffee Porter – People really want this beer, and they might want to get it sooner than later so that coffee tastes fresh.
2. Prairie Bomb! – This beer is as hot as when it first started making it’s rounds last year. The different color wax puts it over the top. It will be hitting a few select markets including CA next week, and it will be gone as quick as it lands.
1. The Bruery Mocha Wednesday – Much like early vintages of Black Tuesday and Chocolate Rain, this is a heavy hitter on the trading block and in the #beerporn circles. Much like my advise for the Funky Buddha beer, we advise drinking this sooner than later if you want an optimal coffee experience.