Winners Announced in Bell’s 4th Annual Homebrew Competition
But only one will go on tap at the Eccentric Café.
David Lyman of Kalamazoo (click link for picture), will brew his Citra and Simcoe hopped Pale Ale at Bell’s original brewery in downtown Kalamazoo.
Now in its fourth year, Lyman joins a growing list of those who have gotten to see their winning brew’s name listed on the Café’s draft board.
“This competition is a nod to our roots and we love the opportunity to give a little something back to the community that gave us our start,” said Laura Bell, Bell’s Vice President.
Last year’s winner, Nick Rodammer, took second place for his Double Rye IPA.
Third place went to Jay VanBuskirk for his IPA brewed with fresh hops, peaches and mangos.
Runners up are:
- Jason Stasienko, IPA
- Larry Yuhas, Cream Stout brewed with fresh mint and coffee
- Eric Drews, an American hopped concoction
- Aaron Hoffmann, Coffee IPA
- Bret Wagner with Beau Preston, Butter Pecan Java Chocolate Stout
- Drew Doster, Cafe con Leche Milk Stout
- David DalPonte, Pale Ale with green tea and honey
- Shannon Grossman, Vanilla Java Porter
- Nathan Widener, Jalapeño Pepper Beer
More information about this year’s homebrew winner tapping will be released as it becomes available. Judges’ comments for the winners above are available for pickup at the Bell’s General Store.
Cheers and congratulations to all!