Stone Tweaks Message After Concerned Feedback on IndieGoGo Campaign
(Escondido,CA) – World famous craft brewers Stone Brewing Co. announced this past weekend they would be opening a new craft brewery in Berlin Germany, and kicked off the announcement with a marketing campaign that involved crowdfunding website IndieGoGo.com. While it seemed pretty clear from the original message that they weren’t relying on the 1M to fund the project per se, that this would help give the project a shot in the arm, and in return, Stone fans would be receiving special beers.
Unfortunately for Stone, many took to social media with anywhere from a soft groan to complete outrage. As of this writing they are at 12% of their goal with 24 days left. This evening, Stone put out a video memo from Co-Founder/CEO Greg Koch, further explaining the campaign, offering some minor tweaks to the perks/prizes and added another special perk. We are looking into the $30,000 perk to stay at Mr. Koch’s apartment, we were considering doing a kickstarter for $30k so we could stay at Greg’s pad. Below are the important points followed by the video memo.
- We’re really not saying that we’re going to fund a brewery with 1M.
- We’re really saying we’re selling some beer in celebration of our expansion projects.
- Collaborative brews have gone down from $50 to 30. Anyone who bought it at 50 is now getting 2 bottles.
- The day you pick it up (the special beers), you are “treated” to Team Stone Discount, typically 30-50% off at Company Store and World Bistro & Gardens
- Jobs are not being taken from Murica.
To learn more and possibly donate to the campaign, follow this link: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/stone-groundbreaking-collaborations-the-campaign-for-cross-planetary-brewing