Revolution Brewing Announces Deep Wood Series Lineup Expansion
(CHICAGO, IL) –Following the successful transition of the Deep Wood Series of barrel-aged beers into cans, Revolution Brewing is expanding the lineup in 2018. Six new-to-can beers will join four of last year’s favorites for a total of 10 different barrel-aged varieties.
“We’re sticking to our guns and focusing on quality. We’re not scouring the earth for the one adjunct that’s never been done,” Brewer Marty Scott said. “We want to stand out by creating great traditional beers before they even go into the barrel.”
“Nothing’s been cleaned up or hidden by these barrels,” Head Brewer Jim Cibak added. “All of our ingredients and processes are time tested. We get the best barrels we can and use them to make the beers more interesting.”
This year’s returning Deep Wood Series brands are:
- Deth’s Tar – Revolution’s original barrel-aged Imperial Oatmeal Stout
- Café Deth – Deth’s Tar with a weaponized infusion of fresh-roasted coffee beans
- Ryeway to Heaven – A Ryewine matured in Kentucky Peerless Rye Whiskey and Heaven Hill bourbon barrels
- Straight Jacket – The award-winning barleywine
And joining them in cans for 2017 are a collaboration beer, four new variants, and the return of one old favorite:
- Code Switch – An Imperial Ale with blackberries brewed with Indianapolis’s Sun King Brewery
- S.O.J. – Very Special Old [Straight] Jacket, a cuvée of two- and three-year-aged barleywines
- Deth by Currants – The winner of the 2017 Dethmatch variant battle–with a tart, sweet character from black currants
- Gravedigger Billy – The triumphant return of the bourbon barrel-aged Scotch ale from the early days of Revolution
- Vanilla Deth – The original Imperial Oatmeal Stout aged with hand-cut vanilla beans
- Boss Ryeway – A decadent new version of Ryeway to Heaven matured in WhistlePig Boss Hog Armagnac
Revolution will hold a series of four release parties at the Revolution Brewing Taproom for fans to purchase the 2018-2019 lineup in four-packs of 12 oz. cans and experience the latest draft-exclusive variants. The first pours of each Deep Wood Series release will take place across draft-only preview parties held at bars and retailers the night prior. The list of locations by market will be announced as the release dates approach.
|October 19||November 16-17||December 7||January 18|
|V.S.O.J.||Deth’s Tar||Ryeway to Heaven||Straight Jacket|
|Code Switch||Café Deth||Gravedigger Billy||Boss Ryeway|
|Deth by Currants||Vanilla Deth|
Deth’s Tar, Café Deth, and Straight Jacket cans will see wide distribution following their releases, along with limited distribution of Code Switch and Vanilla Deth. More on the beers, release events, and the history of the Deep Wood Series can be found at https://revbrew.com/about/2018-2019deepwoods.
About Revolution Brewing
Revolution Brewing is the largest independently owned brewery in Illinois, brewing every drop in Chicago between the original brewpub space in Logan Square and a production brewery and taproom in Avondale.
In 2017, Revolution became the 40th largest craft brewery and and 50th largest overall brewery in the country by sales volume, according to the Brewers Association. Revolution currently distributes in Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York City, and Wisconsin.