Maui Brewing Commemorates 15 Years in Business
(Kihei, HI) – Tuesday marks the 15th Anniversary since Maui Brewing Company’s beginnings. Hawaii’s largest craft brewery will be commemorating the accomplishment on the MBC Kihei Restaurant Lanai this Sunday, January 26th from 4:00-7:30pm.
Maui Brewing Company’s growth over the years includes:
- Worldwide recognition for quality and innovation in brewing craft beer with local ingredients
- Expansion of the state-of-the-art brewery at the foothills of Haleakala in 2014
- An extension of their Island Soda line in 2018 that now includes Island Root Beer, Island Ginger Beer, Island Cola, and Island Tonic
- Reaching Grid-Independence in 2019
- The introduction of Hawaii’s first locally made, ready-to-enjoy canned cocktail line, Kupu Spirits with varieties: Whiskey Cola, Whiskey Ginger, and Gin & Tonic that blend Kupu Spirits Whiskey and Gin with Maui Brewing Company’s Island Sodas in 2019; Kupu Spirits Gin and White Whiskey now available in 750ml bottles
- And, its latest offering, Maui Hard Seltzer which offers a low calorie, low carb, gluten free option for those looking for guilt-free drinking pleasure, available in POG (Passionfruit, Orange, Guava), Dragon Fruit, and Citrus flavors.
- Owners Garrett Marrero and Melanie Oxley were awarded the 2017 Small Business Person(s) of the Year from the U.S. Small Business Administration.
CEO and Co-Founder, Marrero stated, “I look back on the last 15 years and am very proud of what we’ve accomplished as a team. It’s amazing to see what we have done over the years, all from the simple idea of bringing authentic Hawaiian craft beer to Hawaii! Cheers and beers to all our friends, craft beer drinkers, and most of all to Team MBC.”
Open to the public, the celebration will consist of live music by The Rhythm Sons from 4-7:30pm, a taco station ($5 scripts), the release of the 15 Year Anniversary Blend with a toast made by Marrero at 5:30pm, and “birthday” cake cutting to follow. Bracelets will be available for $30 purchase to taste your choice of 5 of the vintage 2019 bottle specialties, including Black Pearl, Saint Damien, Barrel-Aged Night Diver, the Anniversary Blend, or the Imperial Coconut Porter Variant Series. A logo’d tasting glass and lanyard are included in the purchase price. The 15 Year Anniversary Barrel-Aged Imperial Ale is a blend of Imperial Porter, Imperial Stout, Imperial Brown, and Barleywine which has been stowed in hand-selected spirit barrels and aged for a year.
T-shirts will be available for sale at all MBC restaurant locations for a limited time. The first 15 persons attending the celebration in Kihei will receive a commemorative shirt.
From humble beginnings to multi-location full-service restaurants, MBC is a fiercely local company that has remained steadfast regarding local production. The MBC team are stewards of their communities and the ‘aina, and curators of the craft beer way of life.
For more information, visit MauiBrewing.com or follow @MauiBrewingCo on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
About Maui Brewing Company
Founded in 2005, Maui Brewing Company is Hawaii’s largest craft brewery, operating 100% in Hawaii. MBC is based on Maui, with its production brewery, full service restaurant and tasting room in Kihei, as well as restaurants in Lahaina (Maui), Kailua (Oahu), and Waikiki (Oahu). Maui Brewing Company is available in 20 states, 1 district, and 3 international countries with more areas to follow.