Flying Dog To Release ‘Flying Dog Brewhouse Rarities’
Brewhouse Rarities is a new series from Flying Dog Brewery of limited-release beers that will go beyond the boundaries of conventional beer styles. Each one is the brainchild of our individual brewers at Flying Dog. Releases over the year will include styles like an Imperial Hefeweizen, Black Lager with cherries, Belgian Dubbel and others.
Released on the first of every month of 2012, these beers will be available on draft only and will only be available in the mid-Atlantic.
The first in our Brewhouse Rarities series is an Imperial Hefeweizen, which will be released on January 1.
- ABV: 7.3%
- Specialty Malts: Malted White Wheat, Flaked Wheat
- Hops: German Perle
- Tasting Notes:
- Appearance: Robust gold with healthy yeast haze
- Aroma: Sweet malt with banana and clove undertones
- Mouthfeel: Full-bodied and highly effervescent
- Taste: Bready with banana and bubblegum fruitiness
- Finish: Crisp snap of malt and spice
- Food Pairings: Washed rind cheeses, green apple, nuts, artisan bread, key lime pie