We’d like present you with the Craft Beer Power Rankings for the third week of June. The craft beer rankings ranks the 5 most buzzworthy beers of the week. Influences include but are not limited to social media (Facebook,Twitter, Instagram) as well as RateBeer and BeerAdvocate. Cheers!
5. Sierra Nevada/Boulevard Brewing Terra Incognita – We have this beer lined up in our tasting queue. Having these two veteran craft breweries make a sour together is a win for us beer drinkers, as they have the means to produce enough so that we shouldn’t have to fight to get it. It’s getting pretty good marks out of the gate.
4. Cigar City Brandy Barrel Aged Hunahpu – This beer is still on the top of the trader wishlist. A great analogy for this beer would be: filet mignon is great, bacon wrapped filet mignon is better. Same goes for Hunahpu and subsequent barrel treatment.
3. Ommegang Take The Black Stout – Ommegang is brilliant for collaborating with one of the hottest franchises in the country right now. They’ve always made good beer, and thanks to this main stream tie in, thousands of new craft beer drinkers will be born.
2. The Bruery Sour in The Rye with Peaches – This is part of the super exclusive Hoarders Society, if you are at the tasting room at the right place at the right time, even a lowly mortal such as yourself can try this. The beer is amazing, it’s trading very well and getting great marks. I personally like this variant over original Sour in the Rye and Sour in the Rye with Kumquats, so I hope The Bruery can up production on this for a wider enjoyment base.
1. Stone RuinTen IPA – This beer wowed people last year, and with that big reputation, is wowing people beginning this week. Easily one of the best, bitterest double IPAs on the market. Snag it up and drink it fresh.