Podcast EP 97 – OMG Black Glitter Beer with Kelsey McNair of North Park Beer Co.
We are joined by legendary award winning homebrewer turned pro brewer Kelsey McNair. Kelsey is the founder/head brewer of North Park Beer Co. (http://northparkbeerco.com) He recently made news for a beer he made for San Diego comic con. We talk about many things including:
– The story leading up to the opening of North Park Beer Co.
– The legend of Hop Fu IPA
– Sourcing hops as a new brewery
– What is North Park
– Why choose North Park
– Handling beer crawlers
– NPBC’s 2nd Anniversary Hazy IPA
– Is can shock a thing?
– San Diego not going all in on hazy
– Thoughts on BJCP and GABF judging hazy
– Thoughts on Alpine Beer Co.
– The charcoal activated glitter
– Where is SD beer going
This podcast is sponsored by the California Craft Beer Summit. Please visit http://cacraftbeersummit.com
Music for The Full Pint Podcast provided by our pal Ben Tuttle, check him out at tenderbubbles.com