Podcast EP 219 – The 2021 Year End Show
Andy and Danny are joined by longtime friend Doug Veliky, part time beer content creator, full time Chief Strategy Officer at Revolution Brewing where we take a look back at the year in beer. Items of discussion include:
– “Act 1 of COVID” behind us.
– The state of bottle shares.
– The state of festivals.
– RIP Falling Rock.
– The reckoning regarding beverage industry misconduct.
– Looking back on 2021 predictions.
– The yearly can shortage?
– The major fest players?
– Major mergers and acquisitions.
– Black IPA!
– West Coast IPA’s present spot.
– Treehouse Brewing’s trajectory.
– Craft lager’s positioning.
– Barrel aged sours in cans.
And much more!
Our friend Doug is in the middle of a fundraiser for Lurie’s Children’s Hospital in Chicago. Please visit Doug’s Instagram, @BeerAficiando to get in on the amazing beer raffles and follow this link to learn about the charity work Doug and his wife are working on and the story behind this effort. LINK
We’d like to thank our sponsor The Bruery! Limited spots are still open for the 2022 Reserve Society. 12 large format beers of either barrel aged strong ale or wild and funky ales + mucho perks for $300. Follow the link for more details and to sign up now! LINK
Please check out these resources if you are a member of the craft beer industry and need help.
National Women’s Law Center – https://nwlc.org/
Department of Fair Employment and Housing – https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/