Podcast EP 200 – Episode 200 With Sam Richardson of Other Half Brewing
We are joined on our milestone 200th episode with owner/brewmaster of Other Half Brewing, Sam Richardson. We discuss many things including:
– The lore and reputation Other Half has in California.
– What the New York / NYC beer scene looked like prior to Other Half.
– Was New England style IPA the plan?
– Approach to Other Half’s IPA.
– Selling beer in the most expensive market in the world.
– Lighting up Williamsburg and DC and why?
– How friendships and collabs with other star breweries has shaped the beer and the Other Half brand.
– Beer as a luxury item.
– What festivals may look like in the future.
– How will Other Half preserve their prestige as they mature.
– Does Sam want to be in the same conversation as a larger than life beer figure head (Jim Koch, Sam Calagione, etc).
– How far does Other Half expand?
And much more!
We’d like to thank our sponsor Pure Project, a small batch San Diego brewery making the finest barrel aged sours, stouts, hazy and clear IPAs. CA and NV residents can have Pure Project shipped directly. Listeners of The Full Pint podcast can receive 15% off their order by visiting purebrewing.org/fullpint.