Podcast EP 154 – The 300 lb. Beaver in the Room
We sit down with head brewer at Belching Beaver Brewing in San Diego, CA, Troy Smith. We discuss Troy’s journey in San Diego beer including:
– Troy’s career before Belching Beaver.
– Getting hired away from Coronado.
– The 300 lb. Beaver in the Room, the name and branding.
– Peanut Butter Milk Stout.
– Where does Belching Beaver fit in with the established and the new brewers?
– Tough competition and saturation in San Diego beer.
– 30th Street talk.
– Getting recognition for the good beer despite the branding.
– Partnership with Deftones.
– Alpha King Challenge.
– Seltzer talk.
And much more!
We’d like to thank the sponsors of this show, if you are interested in sponsoring this podcast, please drop us a note at [email protected].
• Firestone Walker Brewing – Check out the new hazy IPA, Mind Haze – Let your mind wander.
• El Segundo Brewing – Makers of some very fine hoppy ales near LAX, also check out their new digs, The Slice and Pint.
Music for The Full Pint Podcast is provided by our pal Ben Tuttle, check him out at tenderbubbles.com