Podcast EP 147 – Will The Real Slim Hazy Please Stand Up?
This week we are joined by Founder/Owner of Mikerphone Brewing, Mike Pallen out of Elk Grove Village, IL. We talk about Mike’s fascinating transition from the world of music into the world of craft beer including:
– Mike’s role in the music business.
– Getting bit by the homebrewing bug.
– Early feedback on Mike’s homebrew from major players in Chicago beer.
– The crazy tale of Mike weaving in and out of his own brewery and other small startups.
– Midwest IPA?
– Being known as a “new school” brewery.
– Wisconsin beer culture.
– Creating beers and labels that pay homage to songs and artists.
– Being a sneakerhead.
– Naturdays talk.
– GABF thoughts.
And much more!
We’d like to thank the sponsors of this show, if you are interested in sponsoring this podcast, please drop us a note at [email protected].
• California Craft Beer Summit 2019 – Whether you are in the beer industry or just love drinking the good stuff, mark your calendar and secure your tickets for the biggest beer event on the west coast.
• Firestone Walker Brewing – Check out the new hazy IPA, Mind Haze – Let your mind wander.
• El Segundo Brewing – Makers of some very fine hoppy ales near LAX, also check out their new digs, The Slice and Pint.
Music for The Full Pint Podcast is provided by our pal Ben Tuttle, check him out at tenderbubbles.com