Podcast EP 129 – California Gold – Brendan Gough
We are joined this week by Head Brewer of Central Coast Brewing, Brendan Gough. We discuss Brendan’s journey from home brewer to GABF award winner as well as the history behind CCB. We discuss the following:
– Central Coast’s beginnings as a “brew on premise’ brewery.
– Central Coast’s transition into a destination brewery.
– The entire process of submitting beers for judging at the Great American Beer Festival from beginning to end.
– Identifying what categories to enter.
– How would Brendan tweak the current GABF format?
– Thoughts on the Central Coast of California’s beer landscape.
– Thoughts on lager’s popularity in 2018 and 2019.
– Feelings about hoppy lagers.
– Trend of cans versus the stability of brown bottles.
And much more!
This podcast is sponsored by CraftyShipping.com . Please listen to the show to receive your 10% off promo code for perfectly made beer bottle shippers.
Music for The Full Pint Podcast provided by our pal Ben Tuttle, check him out at tenderbubbles.com