Podcast 84 – Handing Over Keys to a Lamborghini – Pat McIlhenny
On the heels of all the Green Flash Brewing controversy, we are joined by legendary brewer, founder and former owner of Alpine Beer Co., Pat McIlhenny. We rundown the entire timeline of the relationship between Pat, his company Alpine Beer Co. and Green Flash from 2013 all the way to the present. Items of discussion include:
– Preliminary talks with Cold Springs Brewing out of Minnesota in 2013.
– Limited distribution and relationship with Artisan Distribution.
– 2013 contract brewing relationship with Green Flash.
– The initial batches of Alpine beer brewed at Green Flash.
– Green Flash Brewing’s tactic for selling Alpine Beer.
– Pat’s new role post merger.
– Controversy surrounding two different facilities producing Alpine Beer Co. and the Asterisk.
– The lengthy process on attempting to scale up Alpine recipies.
– Thoughts on Green Flash announcing East Coast expansion, including the Alpine brand.
– Chuck Silva leaving Green Flash.
– Why Duet never returned to its original form?
– What happened with Nelson?
– Green Flash putting 120 day date codes on Alpine Beers.
– Green Flash changing West Coast IPA.
– Thoughts on the two beers Green Flash decided to can from the Alpine portfolio.
– Green Flash Brewing layoffs in 2017.
– And much much more.
This podcast is sponsored by hopsy.beer
Music for The Full Pint Podcast provided by our pal Ben Tuttle, check him out at tenderbubbles.com