Podcast 82 – Hype is a Dirty Word – Derek Gallanosa of Moksa Brewing
Derek Gallanosa returns to the show to talk about his latest venture as the head brewer of Moksa Brewing in Rocklin, CA. We talk about many things including:
– Derek’s transition from Abnormal Beer Co. to Moksa Brewing.
– Why Derek’s stouts are the cornerstone of his portfolio.
– The trend of quick turn pilsners and pliner-style ales.
– The underserved Sacramento market and the shift from old guard to new.
– The H-Word.
– Debate on secondary and trade markets.
– Balancing a stout so it’s not deemed ‘Beetus.’
– Strong relationship with Wakefield and Mostra Coffee.
– Collaborating around the country.
– Approach to IPAs.
And much more.