Podcast 229 – Interview with Jeff Hardesty of Narrow Gauge Brewing
This week, we are joined by owner/brewer of Narrow Gauge Brewing out of St. Louis, MO, Jeff Hardesty. We dicuss many things including:
– The Best New England Style IPA Poll from 2018.
– Meeting Jeff at Side Project Invitational 2022.
– St. Louis not being an IPA town?
– Looking at hazies from being cutting edge to mainstream.
– Have hazy IPAs kept the craft sector stay afloat?
– Is New England still the influence for hazy IPA?
– Is the resurgence of West Coast IPA a response to anything?
– Jeff’s thoghts on milkshake and lactose IPAs.
– Triple IPAs being brewed more and more.
– How the pandemic affected Narrow Gauge?
– Pricing on cans, raw goods and materials?
– Sensitivity to retail pricing.
– Narrow Gauge’s lager program.
– Side pull talk.
– Big expansion news!
We’d like to thank our sponsor, Great Notion Brewing. Great Notion Brewing offers a variety of modern, cutting edge, culinary inspired beers: pastry stouts, hazy IPAs, smoothie sours. Every few weeks they have been adding states to their direct shipping list. Download their app on the app store, and check out with promocode FULLPINT10 for 10% off your next order.
National Women’s Law Center – https://nwlc.org/
Department of Fair Employment and Housing – https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/