Surly Brewing – Darkness for sale and more cans!
Lets talk about D-Day. That’s the day we will be selling 750 ML bottles of Darkness at the brewery on October 25th.
Here is the latest info…
- We will open the brewery gates at noon on the 25th.
- The first 700 people can purchase up to 6 bottles of Darkness.
- Cost is gonna be $100 for 6 bottles. Tax included and cash only.
- We’ll have some bands.
- Food and beer for sale at the brewery.
- Under 21 welcome with parents.
- If you are not one of the first 700, you can still come in and enjoy the scene.
- We will not hold spots for people nor will we ship any Darkness.
- Darkness will not be sold at any liquor stores.
- Darkness will be released the following week on draft.
- Doors close at 6:30, please line up a ride or taxi. We want you to get home safe.
Details may change! Make sure you check the website as we lead up to the big day.
This Friday, October 3rd, Surly will be pouring SurlyFest at Coffman Union. Omar will be hanging at the Campus Club – Friday, October 3 from 4:30 – 7:30 on the outdoor Terrace and in the Campus Club West Wing on the 4th floor of Coffman Memorial Union at the University of Minnesota. Special Presentation at 6:00 by Doug Hoverson, author of Land of Amber Waters, The History of Brewing in Minnesota.
You’ll taste Apples from the Landscape Arboretum, the Best of the Wurst, U of M Cheeses, and Big Pretzels. Non-members are welcome (but must RSVP). Only $15! You must RSVP to 612-626-7788. We do not want to run out of beer! For those in Chicagoland, Omar will in the Windy City kicking off Darkness at the Bavarian Lodge in Lisle on November 5th. The Lodge will have a few Surlys on tap that night; Darkness, Hell, Coffee Bender, Furious and SurlyFest. Should be a good time. If you are not familiar with the Lodge, check them out at www.bavarian-lodge.com.
Speaking of Darkness, it won best beer at the Autumn Brew Review in Minneapolis. Thanks to all in Surly Nation that endured long lines to Get Surly.
Lastly, Surly cans are starting to find their way into more stores. We just started shipping cans to our distributor in Duluth, Rohlfing Distribution. In addition, we will be adding some more liquor stores in the Twin Cities. Many of those stores have been waiting patiently for over a year for Surly cans. We appreciate all of you asking for our beers at your favorite liqour store, but we just do not have enough to go around. Because of that, we ordered 3 more tanks!
See you drinking,