Saint Benjamin Brewing Announces ‘Little Peat’ Dry Stout Release Events
(Kensington, PA) – This fall, local nanobrewery Saint Benjamin Brewing will send some of their exciting seasonal beers to a variety of outdoor events across Philadelphia, giving the beer-thirsty city a wealth of great ways to sample locally brewed ales and lagers throughout the fall. Saint Benjamin is also inviting fans to share photos of themselves enjoying Wit or Witout – their classic wheat beer brewed with traditional spices and a hint of Philly zest – outdoors in a variety of ways on social media by using the fun hashtag #WitOnDeck throughout the month of September.
Release Party for Little Peat Peat-Smoked Dry Stout. Little Peat is a dry Irish stout brewed with just a hint of peat smoke
September 9 from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m.
- Local 44 (4333 Spruce Street) will pour Little Peat and Koffee Kolsch on draught, both individually and as a one-of-a-kind Black & Tan
September 12 from 12 noon until 8 p.m.
- Koffee Kolsch and Foul Weather Jack at South Philly Sausage Fest
- The brewery will set up shop with Koffee Kolsch and their classic English-style mild ale Foul Weather Jack at the inaugural South Philly Sausage Fest (rain date: Saturday, October 10)
September 13 from 1 p.m. until 5 p.m.
- Little Peat at Yards’ 7th-Annual “Smoke ‘Em If Yous Got ‘Em”
- Saint Benjamin will contribute Little Peat to Yards’ yearly celebration of smoked beers and smoked foods, complete with live bluegrass music
September 15: Beer Dinner at Brick and Mortar
- The brewery will partner with Brick and Mortal for a four-course beer dinner; available from 5 pm until 10 pm. Reservations are recommended via phone, OpenTable or by visiting Brick and Mortar’s official website; and the entire meal is just $45 per person
- Courses will include: Cured Meat and Cheese selection, paired with Saint Benjamin Saison du Jour VII, a dry rye saison; Apple Tasting Flight, paired with Saint Benjamin Liaison Saison; Pork Shoulder, paired with Saint Benjamin Transcontinental; and Apple Crisp, paired with Saint Benjamin Koffee Kolsch or Saint Benjamin Little Peat
September 18, from 12 noon until 7 p.m.
- Parking Day
- Join the Saint Benjamin Brewing team for a tasting outside the brewery’s front entrance from their Outdoor Parklet; beer tasting and light snacks will be served.
September 19, from 12 noon until 3 p.m.
- Brewery Tours (doors close at 4 p.m.)
- Join Head Brewers and Co-Owners Tim Patton and Christina Burris for their once-monthly brewery tours at their Kensington facility
September 29, from 4 p.m. until 7 p.m.
- National Coffee Day, featuring Koffee Kolsch at ReAnimator Coffee cafes
The brewery will pour Koffee Kolsch and Little Peat as free samples in celebration of National Coffee Day at both ReAnimator Coffee cafes; signature Black & Tans and coffee-beer blends are also planned in celebration of the holiday