Pliny Fights Cancer Charity Raffle at Beachwood BBQ
The Beachwood family has decided to turn the “I want my Pliny” frenzy into the “Pliny fights Cancer Charity Raffle”.
We’ll be raffling off all pints of this year’s PTY kegs with 100% of the proceeds benefiting the Melanoma Research Foundation. We do this to honor the memory of a dear friend…
Tony Carbone was a loving son, brother and husband. He was a gifted musician and inspiring Long Beach elementary school teacher. In 2005, at the age of 31 he was diagnosed with Stage 3 Melanoma, the deadliest type of skin cancer. It soon traveled to his brain and the odds were against him. However, he never gave up hope and battled the disease for 3 years. Sadly he lost his fight on March 6, 2008 at the age of 34.
Tony was one of a kind. He was always the life of the party. Anyone that was lucky enough to have met him would say how funny, original, honest and kind he was. His passing has left a gaping hole in the hearts of those who knew and loved him. Yet the way he lived his life has served as an inspiration to those he left behind; living life to the fullest everyday, pursuing your passion and doing it with a loving heart and smile.
“Pliny Fights Cancer Charity Raffle”
How this is going to work:
– Raffle Tickets will be on sale Jan. 17th at 12pm through February 18th at 10pm. Tickets will be available for purchase at Beachwood BBQ in Seal Beach and Beachwood BBQ & Brewing in downtown Long Beach.
– The cost is $5 per ticket – no limit to how many you can buy. CASH ONLY
– We will be able to serve 130 pints.
– On 2/20/12, 130 raffle tickets will be drawn at random. The drawing will be streamed live on the New Brew Thursday webcast, winners will also be notified via email or phone.
– Winners will have ten days to redeem their pints of Pliny the Younger to preserve the freshness of the beer. Cheers!