Pizza Port Homebrew Competition
Are you a Homebrewer? Ever wanted to brew with the Pizza Port Pros? Well here’s your chance!
The 2011 American Homebrewers Association Conference will be held in San Diego June 16-18, 2011. One of the most anticipated events is the Pro-Am competition where homebrewers team up with professionals to create a homebrew recipe on a professional system.
In order to decide who we’re going to be brewing with, we’re holding a homebrew competition to choose a homebrewer and recipe to enter!
- All entrants must be 21 years of age or older.
- To be eligible to win the grand prize and make your beer with Pizza Port, you must be an AHA member by the time of the Pro-Am brew day at Pizza Port.
- No Pizza Port staff member or employee of any other brewery may win the grand prize.
- All entries must be home made for private non-commercial use.
- The fee is $5.00 per beer entered and is intended to facilitate the competition. Any money remaining will be donated to the Keep A Breast foundation. KAB is the beneficiary for Pizza Port’s Brewbies festival in February.
- All entries must be beers that Pizza Port can reproduce. Therefore fruit beers, sour beers, meads, ciders, or beers requiring extensive aging will be judged. (If you are not sure if your beer qualifies, please contact us at the email address below.)
- Pizza Port brewery staff members will judge all of the entries.
- Judging will be conducted blindly.
- Please follow the Brewers Association’s Beer Style Guidelines when entering your beer. Judges will be using these guidelines to evaluate each beer. A list of those guidelines is available at http://www.brewersassociation.org/pages/publications/beer-style-guidelines.
- A first, second, and third place will be awarded in each of the 16 main categories. Each main category has several sub-categories. All of the categories are listed below.
- The main categories may be combined or divided depending on how many beers are entered into each main category. For instance, if a main category has only 3 entries, it may be combined with another. Also if a sub category has 20 entries, it may be made into its own main category.
- Each first place winner will move onto a Best of Show round. There will be a first, second, and third place awarded. The Best of Show Winner will be contacted and will work with the Pizza Port brewers to scale up their winning recipe to be brewed on one of Pizza Port’s systems.
- If you are not an AHA member, and you win the competition, you must become a member by the date at which the beer is scheduled to be reproduced at one of our Pizza Port locations.
- If you win the competition, you must be able to be present not only at the brew day but at a pre-brew meeting with the brewers, a release party at Pizza Port OB, and the AHA Conference’s Pro Brewer Night.
- Winners for each main category and the best of show winner will be announced by April 15th, 2011.
- The big winner will be contacted as soon as the winner’s list is announced. Arrangements will then be made to make the winning beer at one of the Pizza Port locations and the beer will be poured at and entered into the AHA Conference’s Pro Brewer’s Night Pro-Am Competition.
Entry Forms & Complete Submission details:
- Pizza Port Homebrew Competition – Adobe PDF Format
(Use this form if you would like to print the form, complete it and deliver by hand to any Pizza Port Location.)
- Pizza Port Homebrew Competition – MS Word DOC Format
(Use this form if you would like to complete the form and submit it by email. Please email your completed form to [email protected])
Entry Deadline January 31, 2011
Email questions to [email protected]