Modern Times Beer San Diego Beer Week 2013 Events
Beer Week. That special time of year when the San Diego beer scene becomes fully engorged with rad beer and endless events.
Soooooooooooo, what is Modern Times doing to appease the Beer Week gods, you ask? Sacrificing supple virgin goats on the altar of Gambrinus? Letting folks guzzle straight from the stainless steel teats of our 1,862 gallon fermenters? Burning our most prized cellar whales in a giant beer geek potlatch?
No. We are participating in 18 different events, each carefully selected to detonate your dome piece.
- Friday: The Guild Fest VIP dealie, of course.
- Saturday: The Guild Fest main dealie & an evening get together at SD TapRoom in Pacific Beach, featuring all five of our hoppy beers and our shining faces.
- Sunday: Four of our beers to Slater’s 50/50 in Liberty Station to pair with the extra special batch of beer battered fried pickles they’ll be making for us.
- Monday: The morning starts off with a brewers fishing tournament at Fathom on the Shelter Island Pier, then we’re heading to Raglan Public House in OB for many taps & a special cask at 5pm, and then we finish out the evening at 8pm with a dive-in movie night at The Pearl featuring “Strange Brew”, a Modern Times/Pearl collab sweater & four beers on-tap with food pairings!
- Tuesday: We’re putting on our freakiest sweaters & heading to the Tipsy Crow at 6pm for a Freaker/Sweater party. First 50 people get a free Freaker & we’ll have a cask of Nelson double dry-hopped Blazing World.
- Wednesday: At 5pm, Lion’s Share downtown will be putting on five of our beers & mixing up a special Lomaland-based cocktail to go along with their amazing food. At 6pm Beer Night At The Museum will offer a fancy station-based beer dinner in the San Diego History Center. For a more casual experience, Phil’s BBQ will be offering a event dealie featuring tri-tip sandwiches, sausages, ribs, onion rings, and–naturally–our beer.
- Thursday: We will be heading to The Toronado, which is something like our ancestral homeland/breeding ground, and bringing many beers, our shining faces, and a super special cask.
- Friday: At 5pm, some of us will be heading up north to Urge for their annual New Kids On The Block dealie featuring us, Benchmark, & Rip Current. Simultaneously, the rest of our crew will be at Amplified Ale Works to soak in the sunset over the water & enjoy some tasty beers & food.
- Saturday: We start the day off at Sessions Public in Point Loma with a BBQ cook-out featuring all kinds of crazy food & ice buckets of Modern Times cans, then some of us will be heading to Blind Lady Ale House for a can party & some of us will be heading up to Sublime Tavern in Del Mar for an incredible vegan prixe fixe dinner.
- Sunday: The last day. We will be heading to The Reagle Beagle in Mission Hills for a chillaxing afternoon of beer sipping, hanging out, and recuperation. It’s a keep the glass dealie too!
So yeah. It’s going to be a busy and spectacular week. Come party. And if anyone makes it to all of our events, I’ll let you drink straight from a stainless steel teet on one of our 1,862 gallon fermenters.
Cheers & thanks,
Modern Times Beer