Denver Rare Beer Tasting V: The List is Revealed
Denver, CO – The list was revealed today for the fifth annual Denver Rare Beer Tasting on October 11th, along with other important details about the event. According to the Press Release, the event will be held at a new location this year (McNichols Civic Center Building at 144 W Colfax St. in Denver) and 41 brewers are confirmed to take part in the event.
Hopefully you are one of the lucky 650 ticket holders as the event is sold out. Admission includes the chance to sample rare, exotic and vintage beers from over 40 breweries across the United States, as well as a commemorative tasting glass, t-shirt, program and pen. If that is not enough, attendees will also receive a buffet lunch from Breckenridge Brewery & BBQ, three issues of All About Beer Magazine, and the chance to bid in a silent auction that includes a variety of unique beer experiences and collectibles.
The best part of the event, however, is that all net proceeds from the Denver Rare Beer Tasting support the Pints for Prostates awareness mission.
Beers that are expected to be poured at the event:
- Alaskan Brewing, Juneau, Alaska, 2002 Smoked Porter
- AleSmith Brewing, San Diego, Calif., Barrel-Aged Wee Heavy
- Avery Brewing, Boulder, Colo., TBD
- Big Sky Brewing, Missoula, Mont., 2012 Ivan The Terrible Imperial Stout
- Boston Beer, Boston, Mass., TBD
- Boulevard Brewing, Kansas City, Mo., Tripel Julep
- Brooklyn Brewery, Brooklyn, N.Y., Black Ops LBV 2007 & Cuvee Crochet
- Rouge Riesling
- The Bruery, Placentia, Calif., Confession
- Cigar City Brewing, Tampa, Fla., ll0k + OT Batch #6
- Crooked Stave Artisan Beer, Denver, Colo., WælzBlood
- Deschutes Brewery, Bend, Ore., Black Butte XXII
- Devils Backbone Brewing, Lexington, Va., Wood-Aged Dark Abbey
- Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, Milton, Del., 2011 120 Minute IPA
- Drake’s Brewing, San Leandro, Calif., Reunion Barleywine
- Elevation Beer, Poncha Springs, Colo., Boom! Brandy Barrel Quadruple
- Fort Collins Brewery, Fort Collins, Colo., Roasted Pumpkin Seed Ale
- Firestone Walker Brewing, Paso Robles, Calif., Bravo & Lil’ Mikkel
- AC Golden Brewing, Golden, Colo., Blueberry Colorambic
- Goose Island Brewing, Chicago, Ill., Napa County Stout
- Great Divide Brewing, Denver, Colo., Barrel-Aged Cuvee Syrah #1
- Great Lakes Brewing, Cleveland, Ohio, Jabberwocky
- Hardywood Park Brewery, Richmond, Va., TBD
- Laughing Dog Brewing, Sand Point, Idaho, 14 Dogs of the Apocalypse
- The Lost Abbey, San Marcos, Calif., 2008 The Lost Abbey’s Angel’s Share
- Melvin Brewing/Thai Me Up Restaurant, Jackson, Wy., Kirk McHale &
- Melvin IPA Rum Barrel-Aged
- New Belgium Brewery, Fort Collins, Colo., New Belgium/Avery Sour Collaboration #1 & #2
- NoDa Brewing, Charlotte, N.C., Rum Barrel-Aged Imperial Coco Loco & Hot Pistol
- Odell Brewing, Fort Collins, Colo., Foot Print
- Olde Mecklenburg Brewery, Charlotte, N.C., Barrel-Aged Baltic Porter
- Perennial Artisan Ales, St. Louis, Mo., Barrel Quad
- Prairie Artisan Ales, Krebs, Ok., Bomb De Balcones
- River North Brewing, Denver, Colo., J. Marie Barreled and Bretted
- Rogue Ales, Newport, Ore., Class of ’88 Barley Wine
- Sierra Nevada Brewing, Chico, Calif., Barrel-Aged Narwhal
- Smuttynose Brewing, Portsmouth, N.H., Apple Brandy Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout
- Stone Brewing, Escondido, Calif., 2007 Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial
- Russian Stout & 2004 Old Guardian Barley Wine
- Sun King Brewing, Indianapolis, Ind., TBD
- Surly Brewing, Minneapolis, Minn., Misanthrope
- Terrapin Beer, Athens, Ga., Barrel-Aged Moo-Hoo Chocolate Stout
- Weyerbacher Brewing, Easton, Pa., Millennium Falco
- Wicked Weed Brewing, Asheville, N.C., Black Angel Cherry Sour
For more information, the Press Release is located here.
About Pints for Prostates:
Pints for Prostates is a grassroots campaign that uses the universal language of beer to reach men with an important health message. Founded by beer writer and prostate cancer survivor Rick Lyke in 2008, the campaign raises awareness among men about the importance of regular health screenings and early detection by making appearances at beer events, social networking and pro bono advertising.
Pints for Prostates is a registered as a 501(c)3 charity and counts on the support of volunteers across the country to organize events and staff information booths at festivals. Funds generated by the group go to fighting prostate cancer and assisting men with the disease. In addition to funding its education and awareness efforts, Pints for Prostates supports other 501(c)3 organizations involved in the fight against prostate cancer. Us TOO International Prostate Cancer Education and Support Network, which works to support, educate and advocate for men with prostate cancer and their families, and the Prostate Conditions Education Council, which organizes free men’s health screening clinics across the U.S., are recipients of Pints for Prostates financial support.
Pints for Prostates partners with healthcare providers, organizations and suppliers; brewers, restaurants, retail stores, beer industry groups and other interested parties to get critical information to men. More information is available at www.pintsforprostates.org.