Colorado Affair Returns To The Great American Beer Festival
In 2011, the Beer for Brains Foundation hosted the inaugural Colorado Affair, A Celebration of Colorado Beer. In 2012, we are back for another outstanding event. Conclude your Friday night GABF experience at the Ghost Plate and Tap and sample 20 outstanding and unique beers from breweries across the state. The event starts at 9:00 PM and goes on until midnight. Light appetizers will be served and several of the brewers will be on hand to talk about their creations. Once again sponsored by Breckenridge Brewery and Wynkoop Brewing Company, this year looks better than last. Some of the outstanding beers you will be able to sample include:
- Breckenridge Brewery Well Built ESB – an outstanding version of their Small Batch ESB aged in Stranahan’s Whiskey Bottles
- Breckenridge Brewery Barrel Aged Christmas Ale – need we say more?
- Porter’s Pride – A true collaboration beer brewed to honor Danny Williams, the GABF’s Cellar Master and Beer Porter who passed away earlier this year. This beer features contributions from over 16 breweries, and 200 pounds of dark chocolate from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory…now that is a collaboration.
- Ska Brewing Hoperation Ivy – A hop bombshell made with fresh Cascade and native Colorado Ruby hops, lovingly hand-picked by the Ska crew, from San Juan Hop Farms in Montrose, CO.
- Colorado Cider Company Grasshop-ah – a beautiful marriage of traditional apple cider with hops and lemongrass – a true taste adventure
- Elevation Beer Company Apis IV – From the Black Diamond series Apis comes from the genus of the honeybee, and is an homage to the hardworking honeybees of Colorado that provided the caramelized honey used in making this fantastic beer. IV is a nod to the four people who came together to turn Elevation from a dream into a reality as well as to the beer style this Belgian Dark Strong Ale loosely adheres to. Drink Big, Dream Big.
We will also have selections, including several barrel aged specialties, from these great breweries – Left Hand, Odell, Strange, Wit’s End, Renegade, Denver Beer Company, River North, Redstone Mead, Great Divide, Boulder, Wynkoop Brewing Company, Fort Collins Brewing Company and more.
How about details?
Friday October 12, 2012
Ghost Plate and Tap – on the roof if weather permits, inside if it doesn’t
800 18th Street, Denver – just a few short blocks from the festival
Time – 9:00 PM – 12:00 AM – perfect for after the session, or as an alternative.
Cost – $50. Tickets – Limited, get yours now.
www.ghostdenver.com – @TheDenverGhost – facebook
The Beer for Brains Foundation is a national, non-profit organization of craft-beer lovers, distributors and brewers, who are committed to:
- Raising public awareness about brain cancer
- Engendering compassion for its victims and
- Helping fund groundbreaking research leading to a cure.
- Based in Arizona we also are one of only a handful of beer industry-related charities currently operating in the United States.
For more details or to purchase tickets check us out at www.bfbf.org – @Beer4Brains – facebook